NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE.
THE 5th ANNUAL CLASSY AWARDS PROGRAM IS OPEN TO UNITED STATES RESIDENTS AND RESIDENTS OF CANADA (EXCLUDING ALL TERRITORIES AND OUTLYING AREAS); THIS OFFER IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
STAY CLASSY PRODUCTIONS INC. ("STAYCLASSY"), A CALIFORNIA CORPORATION, IS THE OFFICIAL SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR OF THE 5th ANNUAL CLASSY AWARDS. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE 5th ANNUAL CLASSY AWARDS PROGRAM, IN ANY FORM, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The CLASSY Awards Program provides a platform for identifying and recognizing the greatest champions of social progress across the country.
1. The "CLASSY Awards Committee" means an internal panel of judges assembled by StayClassy to screen preliminary applications and select the top five nominees in each "Tier 2 Subcategory" (defined below).
2. The "CLASSY Awards Program" means all aspects, and phases, of any kind or degree, of the 5th Annual Classy Awards, and all activity related thereto, from the point in time when submissions are first accepted through the period following the award show when any prizes which may be offered are fully distributed.
3. "Leadership Council" means the eight panels of experts assembled by StayClassy to select and judge the finalists in each of the eight "Tier 1 Categories" (defined below).
4. An "Org Profile" means an organizational profile on the CLASSY Awards Platform intended to be filled out by a Social Impact Organization after that organization has been accepted through the preliminary screening process.
5. A "Participant" means anyone who accesses the CLASSY Awards Platform, including but not limited to, those who submit a preliminary application at http://www.stayclassy.org/classy-awards/apply-for-consideration and those who fill out an Org Profile, whether partially or completely.
6. A "Program" means an ongoing effort by an organized group of people to address a social problem that fits within one of the 8 major cause categories (see "Awards Categories" below) which embraces a defined methodology or model for creating progress towards the alleviation or elimination of that social problem.
7. The "Program Section" refers to the portion of the Org Profile meant to capture relevant information on one or more Programs run by the Social Impact Organization filling out that Org Profile.
8. A "Social Impact Organization" means a nonprofit, social enterprise, b-corporation, or a substantial equivalent of one of the foregoing entities, that has a primary purpose of redressing a social problem, or several social problems, through the implementation of one or more Programs.
Awards will be given to one organization in each of eight primary categories:
Active Duty & Veterans Services
Animal & Wildlife Welfare
Disaster Response & Public Safety Services
Human Rights & Social Justice Services
Poverty & Hunger Relief
Each of these eight primary cause sectors (a "Tier One Category") is broken down further into relevant focus areas for social impact programs (each a "Tier Two Subcategory") and those are then broken down into specific problems addressed by social impact organizations within those focus areas (each a "Tier Three Subcategory"). The categories page has a full breakdown of the award categories and related subcategories.
In order to be eligible to participate in the CLASSY Awards Program you must:
Be a Social Impact Organization based in the United States or Canada, although your Programs may be implemented anywhere.
Have a representative that is 18 years of age or older
Completely fill out the Program Section of your Org Profile.
Comply with all rules, restrictions, and processes laid out in these Official Rules.
1. Application Period. Interested Social Impact Organizations must first submit a preliminary application at http://www.classy-awards/apply-for-consideration between October 1th and December 31th 2013. Preliminary applications will be screened by the CLASSY Awards Committee, which will select some of the applying organizations for phone interviews. Organizations that are accepted after the phone interview will be invited to complete an Org Profile.
2. Program Section. Each Social Impact Organization that is accepted to complete an Org Profile must complete 100% of the Program Section for each Program it wants to be eligible to compete for a CLASSY Award; organizations may provide information for up to five different Programs in the Program Section. Each completely filled out Program will count as a submission for a CLASSY Award under the relevant Tier 2 Subcategory and the corresponding Tier 1 Category. It is possible for one organization to have more than one Program recognized as a Top 5 nominee for a given Tier 2 Subcategory. It is also possible for one organization to be a finalist or winner in more than one Tier 1 Category.
3. Updated Data Requirement. All Social Impact Organizations that have completed an Org Profile must update the Program Sections of their Org Profiles with their 2013 program data by no later than January 31th 2014. Organizations that fail to meet this deadline will not be eligible for a CLASSY Award. If the organization has submitted multiple Programs, only those Programs amended with updated 2013 data before the deadline will be eligible to continue on.
4. Top 5 Nominees. On February 28th, 2014 the top 5 organizations in each Tier 2 Sub Category (125 Nominees total), as judged by the CLASSY Awards Committee according to the criteria enumerated in the section immediate below, will be announced.
5. Finalists. The Leadership Council will vote to determine the finalists in each Tier 2 Sub Category. The 25 finalists will be announced on March 19th, 2014.
5. Classy Awards Weekend. The Leadership Council will vote to determine the 8 National CLASSY Awards winners, which will be announced at the CLASSY Awards on May 3rd, 2014.
1. Preliminary Screening Criteria. In order to evaluate which Social Impact Organizations will be invited to complete an Org Profile the CLASSY Awards Committee will be making a holistic evaluation using the following factors (described with additional detail on the Criteria page):
Comprehensive Understanding of Problem Dynamics
Creative and Sustainable Models
Commitment to Measurable Change
Focus on Learning
High Growth Potential
2. Top 5 Nominee, Finalist, and Winner Criteria. Members of the Leadership Council or the CLASSY Awards Committee (as specified above) will judge nominees based on the following weighted factors:
Scale & scope of problem addressed (20%)
- What is the scope (e.g., number of people affected, geographic area of need)?
- What is the significance of the change involved (e.g., depth of suffering averted, significance of opportunity gained, etc.)?
Strength of strategy employed (25%)
- Is the organization using a proven or promising strategy to address its chosen issues? (e.g., did they provide examples that demonstrate it is using the evidence base to inform its work?)
- If not proven, is the strategy consistent with what we know of the problem?
Impact to-date (for new organizations, potential impact) (25%)
- What change has resulted from the organization's activities?
- What information or data did the organization provide that demonstrates the social change created? (e.g., monitoring data, outside evaluations, beneficiary feedback)
Organizational effectiveness and resource management (20%)
- Do their results seem in line with their available resources (staff and money) and their stated goals (i.e., scale and scope of the problem)?
- Did they demonstrate characteristics of effective organizations (e.g., efficiency, learning and process improvement, etc.)?
"Best in Class" or "Stand Out" performer (10%)
- a. Does this organization and its work somehow standout from the pack - e.g., as an exemplar in execution, as a pioneer or innovator, viewed as a collaborator/field-building agent, etc.?
3. Ties. Ties which occur during any judging round will be resolved by a discussion period and subsequent vote held by (i) the CLASSY Awards Committee for judging rounds it mediates and (ii) the applicable subpanel of the Leadership Council for judging rounds it mediates. In the event of a persisting tie, continued rounds of discussion and subsequent votes will be held until the tie is broken.
4. Conflicts of Interest. All judges participating in the 5th Annual CLASSY Awards Program, whether members of the CLASSY Awards Committee or the Leadership Council will be screened from (i) judging any Social Impact Organizations they are employed by or affiliated with, or (ii) judging any Social Impact Organizations that they identify being unable to objectively evaluate according to the designated judging criteria.
Prizes, in addition to the CLASSY Award itself, may be offered in connection with the 5th Annual CLASSY Awards Program. Any prizes offered will be prominently announced and displayed on the CLASSY Awards Website, which is accessible at www.stayclassy.org/classyawards.
Approximately 2,000 nominations were received for the 5th Annual CLASSY Awards. StayClassy expects similar participation numbers this year.
The odds of winning a CLASSY Award will depend upon the strength of your Program submission(s), as determined by the judges, and the number of Program Submissions received for the 5th Annual CLASSY Awards Program.
1. Each Participant is responsible for complying fully with both the letter and spirit of all the provisions of these Official Rules for the 5th Annual CLASSY Awards Program. Failure to do so may result in disqualification from the Classy Awards Program.
2. On pain of disqualification, all Participants are strictly prohibited from, in any degree, and in connection with any portion of the 5th Annual CLASSY Awards Program, engaging in the following conduct:
Interfering, in any way, with the legitimate administration of the Classy Awards Program.
Employing any technological device in order to neutralize or evade security measures put in place by StayClassy to protect the integrity of the CLASSY Awards Program.
Including false or misleading information in a submission or any other materials submitted in connection with the Classy Awards Program.
Violating any third party's rights, including rights protected by the United States Copyright Laws, in connection with a submission or participation in the CLASSY Awards Program.
Engaging in conduct which raises material questions about the Participant's honesty, integrity, or character or which may subject the Classy Awards to disrepute by association.
Engaging in, or encouraging others to engage in, conduct that violates the law or another party's legal rights.
Making false or materially misleading statements, or omissions, when asked to respond to a complaint or other inquiry from StayClassy.
Engaging in any act, course of conduct, or omission that StayClassy reasonably believes to be inconsistent with the spirit of the Classy Awards Program, or its fair administration.
Using any aspect of the Classy Awards Program as a platform for political advocacy or advancing a partisan agenda.
Discriminating against, disparaging or denigrating anyone on account of race, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, political orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or mental or physical disability.
Disparaging or denigrating a product, service, person, company or organization including, but not limited to, StayClassy and its partners.
Promoting or advocating for a religion or any particular religious point of view in connection with the Classy Awards Program, or engaging in proselytizing, which includes but is not limited to, acts meant to advance a religious denomination or expand its membership or encourage conversion.
Making statements which contain profanity, are overtly sexual or violent, that suggest an intent to abuse or harm others, or that are otherwise gratuitous or offensive.
3. StayClassy will, in its sole discretion, determine whether or not a Participant has violated one of foregoing rules or any other provision of this agreement.
1. Continuing Eligibility. StayClassy reserves the right, throughout all phases of the CLASSY Awards Program, to take any additional steps it deems reasonably necessary to ensure that each Participant meets the qualification standards set forth herein, has otherwise complied with these rules, and is not engaged in any morally suspect activity. Participants agree to comply with all such measures and understand that their continuing eligibility to participate in the CLASSY Awards Program (including the right to receive any prizes in connection therewith) is expressly conditioned on such compliance.
2. Additional Forms. If you are selected as a winner of a 5th Annual CLASSY Award, you may be required, in StayClassy's sole discretion, to sign and submit an affidavit of eligibility, applicable tax forms, liability releases, and other relevant paperwork. Winning Participants may also be required to grant StayClassy the right to use their names/likenesses to promote the Classy Awards Program. The completion of any such forms is a precondition of receiving any prizes which may be offered in connection with the CLASSY Awards Program.
4. Cancellation, Modification or Suspension.If, for any reason, the 5th Annual CLASSY Awards Program is not capable of running as planned, including (but not limited to) because of: computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause, StayClassy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the 5th Annual CLASSY Awards Program without liability of any kind to Participants.
5. Data Inputted. By inputting information into the Org Profile, Participants grant StayClassy a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) license to copy, store, transmit, publish, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise use this content or information to further the purpose of the CLASSY Awards Program and StayClassy.
6. Technical Problems. StayClassy assumes no responsibility for errors in transmission, interruptions in service, or other technical errors or delays, which could affect the CLASSY Awards Platform, and which may impact whether a completed submission is received by StayClassy. Interruptions or errors may arise from, among other things, high volumes of Internet traffic to the CLASSY Awards website, failures in the Participant's Internet service, unauthorized intervention by third parties, or other technological problems.
7. Tax Obligations. All tax obligations which may arise or relate to receipt of any cash or in-kind prizes which may be offered in connection with the 5th Annual CLASSY Awards Program are the sole responsibility of the Participant.
8. Finality of Decisions. All decisions made by the judges of the 5th Annual CLASSY Awards programs are FINAL.
8. Liability Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE 5th ANNUAL CLASSY AWARDS PROGRAM, OR BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE IN CONNECTION WITH THE AWARDS, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE STAYCLASSY, ITS MEDIA PARTNERS, SPONSORS, AND EACH OF THE FOREGOING'S DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASEES"), FROM ALL COSTS, EXPENSES, LIABILITY, LOSSES, OR CLAIMS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, WHICH MAY ARISE FROM, OR RELATE TO, YOUR PARTICIPATION, OF ANY KIND OR DEGREE, IN ANY PHASE OF THE CLASSY AWARDS PROGRAM OR FROM YOUR USE OF ANY PRIZE(S) RECEIVED.
THIS RELEASE SHALL BE EFFECTIVE EVEN IF YOUR LOSS OR CLAIM IS CAUSED BY, OR CONTRIBUTED TO BY, THE NEGLIGENCE OF ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASEES.
IN ADDITION TO THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE UNDER CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542 WHICH STATES: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
9. Indemnification. AS A PARTICIPANT IN THE 5th ANNUAL CLASSY AWARDS PROGRAM YOU AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS, DEFEND, AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASEES FOR ANY COSTS, EXPENSES, JUDGEMENTS, OR LIABILITIES, OF ANY KIND, AND INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY'S FEES, INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THIRD PARTY CLAIMS ARISING FROM, OR RELATING TO, (1) YOUR ACTS OR OMISSIONS, OR (2) YOUR BREACH OF ANY OF THE RULES, TERMS, WARRANTIES, OR OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
10. Limitation on Liability. TO THE EXTENT A PARTICIPANT HAS A CLAIM THAT IS NOT RELEASED BY THE ABOVE LIABILITY RELEASE, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF STAYCLASSY AND THE OTHER RELEASEES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF $50 OR THE ACTUAL COST (EXCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) INCURRED BY SUCH CLAIMAINT AS A RESULT OF CLAIMANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE CLASSY AWARDS PROGRAM.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF STAYCLASSY OR THE OTHER RELEASEES INCLUDE INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
11. No Warranties. ANY PRIZES WHICH MAY BE OFFERED IN CONNECTION WITH THE 5th ANNUAL CLASSY AWARDS PROGRAM ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILTY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
12. Third Party Beneficiaries. Each of the Releasees is expressly intended as a third party beneficiary hereunder and each shall be fully entitled to enforce the liability provisions included herein for its protection.
13. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction. Recognizing that StayClassy is headquartered in San Diego California, each Participant acknowledges and agrees that this agreement, though entered into over the Internet, is to be taken as having been executed in California. Each Participant agrees that any disputes arising out of, or related to, this agreement or the 5th Annual CLASSY Awards Program shall only be brought in a State or Federal court located in San Diego County California and each Participant hereby expressly and irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction and venue thereof. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of laws principles.
14. Severability. To the extent that any provision of this agreement or any paragraph, term, sentence, phrase, clause or word of this agreement shall be found to be void, illegal or unenforceable for any reason (and not subject to further appeal), (i) the remaining terms and provisions hereof shall be unimpaired and shall remain in full force and effect, and (ii) the illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision or term shall be replaced by a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of such invalid or unenforceable term or provision.
15. Sponsor/Administrator. As stated above the official sponsor and administrator of the 5th Annual CLASSY Awards Program is Stay Classy Productions Inc., located at 533 F Street, Suite 300, San Diego CA, 92101.
16. Winners. A list of the winners of the 5th Annual CLASSY Awards Program will be posted on the Classy Awards website following the award show, which will take place on May 3, 2012.